So i ended up with the seafoam polkadot oilcloth, and a pot of Annie Sloan old white chalk paint. ( which i will use to paint the dressers i got from trademe too)
|The ugly old headboard lying next to my rimu wardrobe door|
Now for the tricky bit - attaching the oil cloth to the frame with enough give in it to sit nicely over the padding, between the frame and the backing board. I used a staple gun for this step.
Now to put it all together - I popped the painted 'frame' over the covered foam and squashed it down onto the backing board. I used small nails and hammered them through from the back to secure the backing board to the frame. All done!
|My upcycled wardrobe door headboard. Walls are in Resene Moonbeam|